High Level Instructions for Submitting Requests to B&FS:
Purchasing Goods or Services:
- For Purchasing goods or services, log in to BearBuy and shop for the items you need. Helpful Tip! If you need office supplies, instead of using a Non-Catalog Form, try ordering directly from a Berkeley vendor (Give Something Back or Office Max) as you’ll usually get a quicker delivery!
- When you have finished adding the items you need to your BearBuy shopping cart, click View Cart Details.
- Enter your Org Node if it is not already present.
- Enter your Chartstring.
- Click ‘Submit‘ or follow your department instructions for approval.
To request a Travel or Entertainment reimbursement:
- Click here to download and complete the appropriate form for your expense type: Domestic Travel, International Travel, or Entertainment.
- Obtain unit and accounting approvals (signatures) on the request form as needed.
- Scan the form, receipts, and supporting documents (itinerary, etc.) as a PDF file.
- Log in to BearBuy and navigate to the CSS Form: CSS Non-Purchase Request Form. (BearBuy/Go to: forms/Campus Shared Services).
- Populate traveler or host name and contact fields.
- Select the activity type from the drop down menu.
- Enter an item description. Leave the estimated amount as “1.”
- Attach the PDF from instruction #3 by clicking Internal Attachments.
- Click ‘Go’ next to ‘Add and go to cart.’
- Click view cart details.
- Enter your Org Node (if it’s not already present) and your Chartstring (Accounting Codes tab).
- Select the ‘submit’ option using the button at the top right of the screen.
- Submit ONE travel or entertainment reimbursement request per cart.
To view a helpful Travel & Entertainment Reimbursement Step-by-Step job aid, click here.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at: email@example.com or by calling 510-664-9000, option 2 and we will be glad to assist you.