1608 Fourth Street, Berkeley, CA 94710-7600
A variety of transportation options are available to get people to and from the Campus Shared Services building.
Transportation options for commuting to CSS:
- Bus: CSS is four blocks from AC Transit stops on University Avenue and six blocks from bus stops on San Pablo Avenue. A transbay bus (Z) also runs from San Francisco to the Fourth Street area.
- Bicycle: CSS is one block from the Virginia Street bicycle route. CSS has indoor, secure bicycle parking as well as a gym/shower facilities.
- Car: CSS is a few blocks from the University Avenue and Gilman Street exits on I-80/I-580.
- BART: CSS is 1.3 miles from the North Berkeley BART station.
- Shuttle: UC Berkeley Parking & Transportation runs a shuttle between North Berkeley BART and the CSS 4th Street building during the weekday morning and evening commute hours to accommodate those who use BART. (Hours of Operation: 6:40am – 9:20am; 4:10pm – 6:10pm). Follow this link for the latest shuttle schedule.
Transportation options for getting between the CSS center and the main campus for business:
- City Car Sharing, click here.
- Car/Motorcycle: UC Parking permits work in both locations.
- Bus: AC Transit 52 or 51B bus lines.
- Bicycle: CSS and the Campus are connected by the Virginia Street bicycle route.
For more detailed information on public transportation in and around Berkeley, go to the City of Berkeley transportation page.
Parking at Fourth Street and the shuttle provided are overseen by UC Parking & Transportation (P&T). The CSS building is considered campus facility, with C, F, and M (motorcycle) permits being valid for use in the CSS parking lot. Paid hourly parking is also available for the lot via an automated kiosk. Many employees choose to use street parking, however, be aware that it is limited in availability, often has time restrictions, and lacks UC Berkeley security.