October 10, 2018
Campus Shared Services (CSS) regional HR/APS support teams have began communicating with campus departments regarding the changes for 2019 Spring ASE/GSR Hiring processes. Full details can be found on the ASE/GSR page of the CSS website. Here is a summary:
What’s not changing?
- The overall process – campus will still use Smartsheets (or Intake Forms) to request ASE/GSR hires.
- Bridging is available between Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 – Here are some Bridging/Grace Period Scenarios.
What IS changing?
Smartsheets has had several updates, including new rates and fee remission amounts, columns, and functionality that include ORU information, Dual FLSA Status processing questions, and row locking. For more details around the updates, you can review them here or on the website under the ASE/GSR Hiring “Smartsheet Information and Training Resources” section.
- Check out the Hiring Timeline-Onboard Dates-2019 ASE/GSR Hiring document for important deadline dates you need to know for 2019.
- Access to the current Smartsheet will be changed from “edit” to “view” on Thursday October 11 at 5:00PM. Anything submitted before then and is still in process will be transferred to the new sheet with new salary rates and fee remission amounts. There is no urgency to submit new requests onto the old sheet – you can wait for the new sheet.
- Departments will have access to their new Smartsheet on Monday October 15 at 1:00PM. Departments should look for confirmation from their applicable CSS HR Generalist that they can begin entering any new ASE/GSR hiring requests.
Questions or additional support should be referred to the applicable regional CSS HR support team (HR Generalists, HR Partners, HR Managers).