Welcome to UC Berkeley Campus Shared Services!
UC Berkeley is recognized and ranked as the greatest public university in the world. Our faculty, staff and students share a spirit of openness, innovation, and commitment to public service. Whether as research administrators, IT engineers, HR professionals, or financial analysts, Berkeley staff members do exceptional work every day. We are lifelong learners and dedicated professionals, united in service to this extraordinary University.
At Campus Shared Services (CSS), we are committed to creating a high-performance culture that embraces innovation, encourages collaboration, and furthers the professional development of all CSS staff.
Resources for CSS Staff
- The Fourth Street Office: information on directions, parking, and the campus shuttle service.
UC Berkeley Operating Principles
At Berkeley, we have developed a strong set of Operating Principles that help define our shared vision for an inclusive, inventive, and adaptable working culture:
- We include and excel, together
- We imagine and innovate
- We simplify
- We are accountable to each other
- We focus on service
For more information on the Operating Principles initiative, to recognize a colleague who exemplifies these principles, and to find more ways to get involved, visit the Operating Principles web page.
Resources for all UC Berkeley Staff
Campus & Community
- Berkeley News Center
- The Daily Californian (student newspaper)
- Campus Tours
- Staff Organizations
- Berkeley bConnected (various online services for staff)
- Online Campus Directory
Learning & Development
- Career counseling: Opportunities to identify interests, skills, career development obstacles, and personality preferences and understand how these factors relate to career choice and satisfaction on campus.
- Career development workshops
- Berkeley’s Human Resources Policies and Employee Relations
- Staff Ombuds Office: an independent department that provides strictly confidential and informal conflict resolution and problem-solving services for all Staff, Non-Senate Academics, and Faculty who perform management functions.
- UC Learning Center and E-Learn courses: (You can also access via the Berkeley portal, blu). Your full catalog of learning opportunities and course tracking. UC Berkeley Extension also provides free tuition for eligible staff to enroll in selected Extension courses (Search for “sponsored tuition” in the UC Learning Center portal).
Health & Safety
- Employee Assistance: Free, confidential problem assessment, counseling, groups, and referral.
- University Health Services: Located at the Tang Center on campus.
- UC Police Department
UC Berkeley Campus Life
There is never a dull moment at Berkeley – from lectures and museum exhibits, to live concerts and sports clubs – the year-round opportunities include:
- Campus Events Calendar
- Cal Performances
- Department of Music Events Calendar (Hertz Concert Hall)
- Recreational Sports
- Berkeley Natural History Museums
- Lawrence Hall of Science
- Lunchtime Poetry Readings
- Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive
- Cal Athletics
- Staff Appreciation Week
- Volunteer Opportunities